All you need to have a valid passport and visa to travel to a foreign country. But few countries may not grant permission to everyone. British nationals are not assured visa to New Zealand, what if you are denied entry to New Zealand. You will have to apply for a valid visa for temporary stay in New Zealand.
New Zealand official immigration website will provide the information of visa based on your intent. The UK passport holders are eligible for the Visa Waiver System, through which applicants can apply for the visa. If you are not eligible for the waiver program, then you are supposed to apply for the valid visa.
New Zealand makes the decision on visa based on character. People involved in following activities cannot apply for the visa.
- People involved in immigration fraudulent practices.
- People convicted of breach of law and imprisoned.
- People who provide false information.
- People who are deported.
- People being investigated or involved in any criminal activities.
If you are eligible for a visa waiver, you will be gauged based on individual merits. You will not be granted a visa under sections 15 and 16 of the Immigration Act if:
- If you are convicted and sentenced to imprisonment for 5 years or more.
- If convicted and sentenced to 12-month imprisonment or more.
- If you are subject to prohibition.
- If you are deported or removed from New Zealand.
- If you are involved in terrorist activities.
- If you are involved in drug offenses in New Zealand.
- If you are internationally dangerous to New Zealand’s security or public order.