Temporary Visa Holders normally require overseas medical Insurance. For some countries it is mandatory to submit the approved policy copy to grant visa and for some countries it is optional.
Normally in most of the American and European countries along with developed countries Insurance is mandatory, citizen use medical insurance for any treatment required this is provided by the government. Medical treatments are very expensive in these countries. When temporary traveler visit these countries and due to unforeseen reason fall sick their sponsor face the issue as traveler is not ready to bear with the expenses, if the traveler carries overseas insurance from their country and submit at the hospital , their treatment will be hassle free . There are 2 options, bills can be paid and later claimed from the insurance companies or use the policy for treatment without payment also.
For Europe it is mandatory to submit insurance policy for visa approval , they also have a minimum slab of 30000 EURO and few approved insurance companies .Client can must take insurance only from those companies :
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company
- Future General India Insurance Company
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
- IFFCO – Tokyo General Insurance Company
- National Insurance Company
- Reliance General Insurance Company
- Religare Health Insurance All Plans without age limit
- Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company
- SBI General Insurance Company
- Star Health & Allied Insurance Company
- Tata AIG General Insurance Company
- Travel Guard (without Sublimit)
- Travel Guard Senior (without Sublimit)
- The New India Assurance Company
- The Oriental Insurance Company
- United India Insurance Company
- Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
Validity of the policy starts from 7 days, 21 days, and 30 days further 6 months, beyond 6 months, policy need to be renewed .The Premium depends on the Age of the traveler.
For student going for their studies to abroad must have overseas medical insurance as per the country requirements they are traveling to.
Suggesting insurance to the client to take overseas insurance is considered quality service to client as it covers many issues they are not aware of but do get benefit. If they have this document with them they can get covered from Baggage lost or baggage delay, Passport loss, trip cancellation, hijacks, flight delays are few of the advantage over and above medical treatment. And most important it is not expensive starts from 250 INR depending on the age and validity and region the client is travelling.